Effective from 19th October 2016. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- Upon receipt of your booking and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: VLN Academy’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and payment
- Course fees are payable upon booking (via Eventbrite.com) unless you request an invoice in which case your booking shall not be confirmed until full payment is received.
- Invoices will be sent upon request via email to the name and email address provided on the assistance form and must be paid within 3 (three) days of the invoice date.
- Payment must be made in US Dollars by credit/debit card or PayPal unless paying an invoice by bank transfer by agreement.
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive location directions and instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the directions/instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact VLN Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- VLN Academy will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued as this is not an accredited training program.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of VLN Academy, to change the content and timing of the program (boot camp), the date, the venue or the tutor(s)/mentor(s).
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- *excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at VLN Academy’s discretion.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Refund applicable|
|29 calendar days or more||Full refund minus a $49.50 administration fee|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund minus a $49.50 administration fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $49.50 has been paid.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another course of like kind that takes place within 6 months following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee transferred is displayed below.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Fee to transfer to a new course|
|29 calendar days or more||$49.50 administration fee|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of registration fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No transfer available. No refund given.|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no fee will be transferred|
- Participants are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course VLN Academy reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by VLN Academy, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another VLN Academy course of like kind. VLN Academy shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform VLN Academy in writing.
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
- VLN Academy shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
These terms and conditions, together with the current VLN Academy/Community website prices, course details and VLN Academy contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by VLN Academy. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a Director of VIVE Lifestyle Network Limited. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of VIVE Lifestyle Network Limited should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by VIVE Lifestyle Network Limited. VIVE Lifestyle Network Limited shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.